Our mission is to provide optimal and quality education to the EMT, AEMT, and Paramedic candidates and to provide a professional and caring environment that is honest, loyal, ethical, and treats all individuals with respect and dignity. By providing leadership education and the science of EMS and paramedicine, we serve the community by advocating for the highest educational and clinical standards.
The goal of the Utah Tech University Emergency Medical Services Program is to prepare competent entry-level paramedics in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and effective (behavior) learning domains, with or without exit points at the emergency medical responder, emergency medical technician, and advanced emergency medical technician levels.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the successful conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate ability to perform an appropriate primary/initial assessment of the ill or injured patient in the pre-hospital setting.
- Complete an appropriate secondary/focused history and physical exam in the pre-hospital setting.
- Formulate an appropriate treatment plan to include administration of IV fluids and/or pharmacological medications as needed.
- Demonstrate appropriate solutions to ethical situations in the pre-hospital setting.
- Analyze the basic pharmacological background and actions of drugs, regulations, human body systems, pharmacokinetics, and drug calculations.