Upon completion of the Certified Nursing Assistant Course, students will be able to:
- Successfully complete the Utah State certification written and skills tests.
- Function effectively as an entry-level nursing assistant.
- Follow safety and infection control procedures for protection of patients, self, and others.
- Apply specialized job skills and abilities that may be required in the sub acute care, long term care, individual’s home, and hospital settings.
- Recognize and report changes and abnormalities to the nurse or primary healthcare provider.
- Provide considered and respectful care of patients by complying with patient rights.
- Utilize effective communication techniques with patients and members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines for the protection of patient confidentiality.
Use components of restorative and rehabilitation nursing care.